Rockstar Games is working on a PlayStation 4 and Xbox One title that is set to be released before April 2015, said Take-Two Interactive CEO Strauss Zelnick during an investor call today.
"Rockstar Games is hard at work on their upcoming lineup, and we're excited about what they have in store for the new generation of systems this fiscal year," said Zelnick. Take-Two is the parent company of Rockstar Games, and its 2015 fiscal year runs from April 1, 2014, through March 31, 2015.
The most recent major release from Rockstar Games was Rockstar North's Grand Theft Auto 5, which launched last September on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360; Rockstar has since shipped more than 33 million copies of the game. In the intervening months, Rockstar also released a mobile port of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas on Android, Kindle Fire and Windows Phone.
Zelnick provided no further details on Rockstar's upcoming project, but the game in question could be a PlayStation 4 and Xbox One port of Grand Theft Auto 5. Take-Two announced today that the performance of that game, including digital revenue from Grand Theft Auto Online, helped lead to a record-high net revenue of $2.35 billion for the 2014 fiscal year.
- Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell sends the Saints to Hell in 2015
- Nintendo reveals the New Nintendo 3DS
- Help us choose the best reader-designed Sunset Overdrive character
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- Tales from the Borderlands lets you stop and smell the chaotic roses
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- How's this PC for next gen?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Stronger distinction of Recommended posts/comments
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Help Nipah build a PC
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 29
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- Nintendo Customer Service
- Kingdom of Amalur - 10$ was the best deal ever