Rockstar Games is working on a PlayStation 4 and Xbox One title that is set to be released before April 2015, said Take-Two Interactive CEO Strauss Zelnick during an investor call today.
"Rockstar Games is hard at work on their upcoming lineup, and we're excited about what they have in store for the new generation of systems this fiscal year," said Zelnick. Take-Two is the parent company of Rockstar Games, and its 2015 fiscal year runs from April 1, 2014, through March 31, 2015.
The most recent major release from Rockstar Games was Rockstar North's Grand Theft Auto 5, which launched last September on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360; Rockstar has since shipped more than 33 million copies of the game. In the intervening months, Rockstar also released a mobile port of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas on Android, Kindle Fire and Windows Phone.
Zelnick provided no further details on Rockstar's upcoming project, but the game in question could be a PlayStation 4 and Xbox One port of Grand Theft Auto 5. Take-Two announced today that the performance of that game, including digital revenue from Grand Theft Auto Online, helped lead to a record-high net revenue of $2.35 billion for the 2014 fiscal year.
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Tell Us Your Story
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward