A new video from YouTuber Chadtronic shows Nintendo's first-person on-rail shooter Pokemon Snap playable using Oculus Rift headtracking.
The Oculus gameplay was achieved by configuring the virtual reality device using virtual reality 3D driver VorpX to have control of mouse movement using head tracking. A controller plug-in allows players to map analog control movement through the mouse, enabling head tracking on rail experience.
Pokemon Snap first launched to Nintendo 64 in 1999 before becoming available through Wii Virtual Console in 2007. Players step into the shoes of protagonist Todd Snap, with the objective to take pictures of Pokemon using items to achieve better shots.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Dancing Plante - Thu Aug 28
- Games with great Sound Design
- Where to buy?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- On Being A "Gamer"
- On Patreon support
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Spacecom is 4X strategy, and you can grab beta keys here