Mario "Kart" has quickly become an inaccurate way of describing this franchise.
Sure, in Mario Kart 8 you are afforded the option of driving a kart, but there's no guarantee that, every few seconds, it won't change into a hovercraft, or a personal watercraft, or a hang glider. Of course, you also don't have to ride a kart to begin with; you could equip yourself with a sports car, or a motorbike. If you obtain the right power-up, you can transform into a massive Bullet Bill. We suppose we understand the need for concision, because "Mario Kart 8" looks a lot better on a box than "Mario Kart/Bike/Hovercraft/Watercraft/Hang Glider/Bullet Bill."
In this Overview, Phil Kollar and I take Mario Kart 8 out for a spin, showcasing some of the new tracks, the reinvented Battle Mode and its replay-sharing online functionality. We also consider getting back on the Wii Fit train, because man, my Mii has really let himself go.
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Feature to track games?
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- Why isn't Polygon talking about the Quinn thing ?
- Share your treasured Pokémon stories with us
- Polygon Video Player - What's the deal?
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Metro Redux: Will It Be A Must Purchase?