Mario Kart 8 is a couple weeks from launch. We already believe it's one of the best games in a fantastic series. But will an excellent kart racer boost sales of the troubled Wii U console?
The forecast looks grim. Then again, watch the game! Look at those adorable humans, turtles and dinosaurs sputtering around on their little karts and motorbikes! Who wouldn't want to sink a couple hundred dollars on a new piece of hardware, a new game and a couple remotes for multiplayer?
If this is your first episode, Friends List is a daily web series where we have one-on-one talks about a single question related to video games. The goal is to give Polygon's many team members across the globe and those involved in covering, designing and releasing games, an opportunity to speak with you.
Today on a bonus episode of Friends List, Editor-at-Large Chris Plante and Opinion Editor Ben Kuchera ask: Is Mario Kart 8 the Wii U's killer app?
Plus, we'll have another episode today at the show's regular 4 p.m. ET time slot.
Enjoy Friends List anywhere, anytime:
- Got a great deal at GamesRepublic.com
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Polygon must change its ethics policy.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue Aug 26
- On Patreon support
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- DDoS and QoS
- Why Pokkén Tournament is the best thing to happen to the Pokémon franchise for over a decade