The title — in development for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Windows PC — was announced during Ubisoft's press conference at E3 2013. The third-person shooter is being built in the Snowdrop engine, a new engine built by Ubisoft to power next-generation games.
"Working on The Division is a once in a lifetime opportunity for all of us at Massive, Reflections, and Red Storm Entertainment," reads the post from the development team. "We are creating something we are really proud of and we don't want to compromise on quality. We are going to release the game when it's ready."
More information on The Division will be revealed at E3.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- What's your favorite silly game?
- What's the deal with DS2: Sunken Crown walkthrough?
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- Tell Us Your Story
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Nicalis hints at Gex Remake