Pre-orders for Persona 4 Arena Ultimax are open now, and the game will be available for $59.99 when it launches later this year, Atlus announced today.
Also known as Persona 4: The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold, Persona 4 Arena Ultimax is the sequel to fighting game Persona 4 Arena. It will feature playable characters from both Persona 3 and Persona 4, including Junpei, Yukari, Chie and Rise, as they team up to complete a series of battles before the world ends.
"The original cast of characters from Persona 3 and 4 are back to discover the mastermind behind the whole tournament, while a few new faces join the fight," the game's description reads. "But standing in their way is the dual katana-wielding Sho Minazuki, a huge threat to everyone involved in the P-1 Climax. Worse yet, there's a Sho lookalike who can wield a Persona."
P4AU will feature new enemies and fighting mechanics for every character, each of which has their own storyline to explore.
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax was announced last November alongside Persona 5 and several other spin-off titles. Persona 4 Arena Ultimax is the first title of the bunch to be released and will be available on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Pre-order bonuses will be announced "at a later date."
For more on its predecessor, check out our review.
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- The studio that made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater closed, here's its billion-dollar story
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet
- Hearthstone: Curse of Naxxramas Arachnid Quarter - Overview video