Gaming website Computer And Video Games is facing closure as its publisher, Future, seeks to make changes within the company, MCV reports.
Future CEO Zillah Byng-Maddick is said to have emailed staff explaining that the company's current business model wasn't "working hard enough," and that it needed to "change and fast."
Members of Future UK have been put on a "45-day consultation period," the publication reports, while massive changes are expected across several of the company's websites. The company staffs around 900 and includes game publications such as Edge, Gamesmaster, Official Nintendo, Official Xbox and Official PlayStation.
At this time, sites such as Gamesradar, Kotaku UK and PC Gamer will remain unaffected by the changes.
We've reached out to Future for comment and will update accordingly.
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Looking for good JRPGs on PS3, help needed
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart
- Thoughts on the inaccurate sensor bar
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Reconsidering Columbine