Gaming website Computer And Video Games is facing closure as its publisher, Future, seeks to make changes within the company, MCV reports.
Future CEO Zillah Byng-Maddick is said to have emailed staff explaining that the company's current business model wasn't "working hard enough," and that it needed to "change and fast."
Members of Future UK have been put on a "45-day consultation period," the publication reports, while massive changes are expected across several of the company's websites. The company staffs around 900 and includes game publications such as Edge, Gamesmaster, Official Nintendo, Official Xbox and Official PlayStation.
At this time, sites such as Gamesradar, Kotaku UK and PC Gamer will remain unaffected by the changes.
We've reached out to Future for comment and will update accordingly.
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Tue Aug 19
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Feature to track games?
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 16.2: Chris Houlihan was here. Shhhhhhhhhh, its a secret to everyone.
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Share your treasured Pokémon stories with us
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)