Gaming website Computer And Video Games is facing closure as its publisher, Future, seeks to make changes within the company, MCV reports.
Future CEO Zillah Byng-Maddick is said to have emailed staff explaining that the company's current business model wasn't "working hard enough," and that it needed to "change and fast."
Members of Future UK have been put on a "45-day consultation period," the publication reports, while massive changes are expected across several of the company's websites. The company staffs around 900 and includes game publications such as Edge, Gamesmaster, Official Nintendo, Official Xbox and Official PlayStation.
At this time, sites such as Gamesradar, Kotaku UK and PC Gamer will remain unaffected by the changes.
We've reached out to Future for comment and will update accordingly.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 1
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Hi, nice to meet you.
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Looking for some good Players
- Frames Per Second FPS?? How to tell 60 vs 30?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Rock1m1's review on Wolfenstein: The New Order