Sony released a new trailer for the upcoming shooter Destiny, featuring members of the Bungie development studio offering insight into the game's emergent online multiplayer features.
In-game footage from the game shows off the different class abilities offered, alongside the "super" abilities that can be triggered by holding both trigger buttons on the controller. You can also get a brief look at in-game combat where players, entering into chance encounters with one another, can choose to join in to events against large groups of attackers or simply ignore it altogether and continue on with their individual story chapters.
Destiny's beta will begin in July, the company announced during its recent financial statement. The beta was initially slated to launch in spring 2014, but was pushed back to this summer in February. The beta will launch on PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 first. Destiny is slated to launch on Sept. 9 for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Xbox 360 consoles.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Reconsidering Columbine
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (September 2014)
- Good graphics cards for £80-110?