Sony released a new trailer for the upcoming shooter Destiny, featuring members of the Bungie development studio offering insight into the game's emergent online multiplayer features.
In-game footage from the game shows off the different class abilities offered, alongside the "super" abilities that can be triggered by holding both trigger buttons on the controller. You can also get a brief look at in-game combat where players, entering into chance encounters with one another, can choose to join in to events against large groups of attackers or simply ignore it altogether and continue on with their individual story chapters.
Destiny's beta will begin in July, the company announced during its recent financial statement. The beta was initially slated to launch in spring 2014, but was pushed back to this summer in February. The beta will launch on PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 first. Destiny is slated to launch on Sept. 9 for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Xbox 360 consoles.
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 1
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Looking for some good Players
- Frames Per Second FPS?? How to tell 60 vs 30?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Rock1m1's review on Wolfenstein: The New Order
- Let's See Your Photo Mode Snaps From The Last of Us!