Epic Games appears poised to reveal the future of Unreal Tournament Thursday, May 8, at 2 p.m. ET in a Twitch stream, according to multiple Tweets from Epic employees today.
"You want to know about the future of #UnrealTournament?" Epic co-founder Mark Rein wrote asked on Twitter. He also included hashtags for #FirstBlood and #UnrealDev, just as Meegan did. Dana Cowley, Epic's marketing manager, also tweeted with the First Blood hashtag, and included a link to a YouTube video from user CoDxForCe. Posted in 2011, the two-second video speaks the phrase "first blood," which plays after the first kill in a map.
The Unreal Tournament series of multiplayer first-person shooters made its debut in 1999. Unreal Tournament 2003 and Unreal Tournament 2004 followed. The last game in the series, Unreal Tournament 3 (pictured above), was released in 2007.
We've reached out to Epic for more information and will update this article as we receive it.
- The fixer: Why Rod Fergusson returned to Gears of War
- Police: San Diego Comic-Con cosplayer wasn't assaulted, she fell (update)
- Polygon Plays: Deus Ex - Episode one
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' is the chili cheese fry of Marvel's movie collection
- Players want more options than murder, and GTA 5 proves it
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 1
- Frames Per Second FPS?? How to tell 60 vs 30?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Rock1m1's review on Wolfenstein: The New Order
- Let's See Your Photo Mode Snaps From The Last of Us!
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites