Tecmo Koei's Dynasty Warriors-inspired action game set in the Legend of Zelda universe, Hyrule Warriors, will launch for Wii U Aug. 14 in Japan, GoNintendo reports via Famitsu.
According to the site, Hyrule Warriors stars Link as he sets off to rescue Princess Zelda, who's been captured by the witch "Shia." Along with Link and Zelda, series regular Impa will also make an appearance. Hyrule Warriors is being developed by Omega Force, the studio behind the Dynasty Warriors series, and Ninja Gaiden developer Team Ninja.
Hyrule Warriors was announced last year during a Nintendo Direct presentation. A Western release date has not yet been announced. Watch the announcement trailer below.
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 1
- Share Button Use? Can you post to another service other than FaceBook?
- Frames Per Second FPS?? How to tell 60 vs 30?
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- Hi, nice to meet you.
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Looking for some good Players
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31