Tecmo Koei's Dynasty Warriors-inspired action game set in the Legend of Zelda universe, Hyrule Warriors, will launch for Wii U Aug. 14 in Japan, GoNintendo reports via Famitsu.
According to the site, Hyrule Warriors stars Link as he sets off to rescue Princess Zelda, who's been captured by the witch "Shia." Along with Link and Zelda, series regular Impa will also make an appearance. Hyrule Warriors is being developed by Omega Force, the studio behind the Dynasty Warriors series, and Ninja Gaiden developer Team Ninja.
Hyrule Warriors was announced last year during a Nintendo Direct presentation. A Western release date has not yet been announced. Watch the announcement trailer below.
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- 'Goodbye Polygon,' said Frushtick
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Games with great Sound Design
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9
- 90's Cartoon Network vs. 90's Nickelodeon.
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League