Bungie's Destiny on PlayStation 4 is now available to pre-order on the PlayStation Store for $59.99 and, according to the PlayStation Knowledge Center, will be the first PS4 title to support pre-loading.
PS4's 1.70 update that rolled out in late April introduced the ability to pre-load pre-ordered games. According the support center, titles designated as having pre-load functionality at the time of pre-order can be loaded automatically several days prior to its release. Update 1.70 must be installed on PS4 systems with automatic downloads enabled in order for the feature to work. Full details are on the PlayStation support center.
Those who pre-order Destiny receive access to the beta. To be eligible, players must register at Bungie.net and link their PSN ID for notifications about the beta. Destiny's beta, announced during the publisher's quarterly financial call and initially slated to roll out in spring 2014, will launch on PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 first in July.
Destiny reportedly took Activision $500 million to develop and promote. It will roll out Sept. 9 for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One. Check out our recent hands-on with Destiny for more information about the game.
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Dragon Quest Heroes brings the series back to PlayStation in Dynasty Warriors style
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- Persona 5 coming to PS3 and PS4 in 2015
- Disgaea 5, Earth Defense Force, Ys, Gundam and Senran Kagura coming to PS4
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (September 2014)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Good graphics cards for £80-110?
- Help Nipah build a PC
- On Being A "Gamer"
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Reconsidering Columbine
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- What is your Current Game of the Year?