Bungie's Destiny on PlayStation 4 is now available to pre-order on the PlayStation Store for $59.99 and, according to the PlayStation Knowledge Center, will be the first PS4 title to support pre-loading.
PS4's 1.70 update that rolled out in late April introduced the ability to pre-load pre-ordered games. According the support center, titles designated as having pre-load functionality at the time of pre-order can be loaded automatically several days prior to its release. Update 1.70 must be installed on PS4 systems with automatic downloads enabled in order for the feature to work. Full details are on the PlayStation support center.
Those who pre-order Destiny receive access to the beta. To be eligible, players must register at Bungie.net and link their PSN ID for notifications about the beta. Destiny's beta, announced during the publisher's quarterly financial call and initially slated to roll out in spring 2014, will launch on PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 first in July.
Destiny reportedly took Activision $500 million to develop and promote. It will roll out Sept. 9 for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One. Check out our recent hands-on with Destiny for more information about the game.
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- How well does PlayStation Now work on PS4?
- Police: San Diego Comic-Con cosplayer wasn't assaulted, she fell
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Tell Us Your Story
- RIP Friends List?
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Wait. Could the iPad Mini be a better gaming handheld than the PSVita?
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- Hi, nice to meet you.