Bungie's Destiny on PlayStation 4 is now available to pre-order on the PlayStation Store for $59.99 and, according to the PlayStation Knowledge Center, will be the first PS4 title to support pre-loading.
PS4's 1.70 update that rolled out in late April introduced the ability to pre-load pre-ordered games. According the support center, titles designated as having pre-load functionality at the time of pre-order can be loaded automatically several days prior to its release. Update 1.70 must be installed on PS4 systems with automatic downloads enabled in order for the feature to work. Full details are on the PlayStation support center.
Those who pre-order Destiny receive access to the beta. To be eligible, players must register at Bungie.net and link their PSN ID for notifications about the beta. Destiny's beta, announced during the publisher's quarterly financial call and initially slated to roll out in spring 2014, will launch on PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 first in July.
Destiny reportedly took Activision $500 million to develop and promote. It will roll out Sept. 9 for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One. Check out our recent hands-on with Destiny for more information about the game.
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- A guided tour of the 1 KB hard drive built inside Minecraft
- California city repeals longstanding ban on ... playing pinball?
- Fez developer Polytron hacked in ongoing game developer harassment effort
- Ouya strikes a deal to bring games to China
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Weekend at Pokégon's: Open Thread - Aug 23-24
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- Female representation in gaming
- 'Goodbye Polygon,' said Frushtick
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy