Miyazaki first joined the Japan-based company in 2004 where he later created and directed by Demon's Souls and Dark Souls. He would go on to supervise the development of Dark Souls 2 while working on another project.
His promotion comes following personnel changes in the company, including Demon's Souls producer Masanori Takeuchi being named senior managing director.
From Software was recently acquired by Japanese media corporation and Killer is Dead publisher Kadokawa. The company first announced its plans to purchase majority stake in the developer in April, with a deal finalized one month later. Kadokawa purchased 80 percent of From Software stock, and is working alongside From Software to develop games, new IP, and focus on Western markets.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Reconsidering Columbine
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (September 2014)
- Good graphics cards for £80-110?
- Help Nipah build a PC