Miyazaki first joined the Japan-based company in 2004 where he later created and directed by Demon's Souls and Dark Souls. He would go on to supervise the development of Dark Souls 2 while working on another project.
His promotion comes following personnel changes in the company, including Demon's Souls producer Masanori Takeuchi being named senior managing director.
From Software was recently acquired by Japanese media corporation and Killer is Dead publisher Kadokawa. The company first announced its plans to purchase majority stake in the developer in April, with a deal finalized one month later. Kadokawa purchased 80 percent of From Software stock, and is working alongside From Software to develop games, new IP, and focus on Western markets.
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9
- 90's Cartoon Network vs. 90's Nickelodeon.
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Games with great Sound Design
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?