Batman: Arkham Knight's first gameplay trailer, released today by publisher Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, focuses on the villains who send Gotham into mass panic, and Batman's most iconic piece of kit: the Batmobile.
"What are you doing?" asks a disembodied voice on the radio. "Evening the odds," replies Batman, calling forth the Batmobile into action and leaping into its cockpit. Arkham Knight makes the Batmobile a main gameplay element for the first time in the Arkham franchise, with the player able to drive around Gotham, jump in and out of the Batmobile and use it in vehicular combat. Villains featured in the trailer include Scarecrow, Two-Face and the eponymous Arkham Knight himself.
Batman: Arkham Knight, which is in development at Rocksteady Studios, is set for release later this year on PlayStation 4, Windows PC and Xbox One. For more, check out our preview from March and our Friends List episode, "What do we want to see in Batman: Arkham Knight?"
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- The studio that made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater closed, here's its billion-dollar story
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet
- This international eSports tournament aims to put gamers with disabilities on the map
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 23
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 22
- Women in Games: A Reaction
- Do you often read the reviews after finishing a game?
- Deals With Gold Weekly(?) Update
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Destiny Beta