Batman: Arkham Knight's first gameplay trailer, released today by publisher Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, focuses on the villains who send Gotham into mass panic, and Batman's most iconic piece of kit: the Batmobile.
"What are you doing?" asks a disembodied voice on the radio. "Evening the odds," replies Batman, calling forth the Batmobile into action and leaping into its cockpit. Arkham Knight makes the Batmobile a main gameplay element for the first time in the Arkham franchise, with the player able to drive around Gotham, jump in and out of the Batmobile and use it in vehicular combat. Villains featured in the trailer include Scarecrow, Two-Face and the eponymous Arkham Knight himself.
Batman: Arkham Knight, which is in development at Rocksteady Studios, is set for release later this year on PlayStation 4, Windows PC and Xbox One. For more, check out our preview from March and our Friends List episode, "What do we want to see in Batman: Arkham Knight?"
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Tell Us Your Story
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Nicalis hints at Gex Remake
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???