Performance Designed Products (PDP) is launching a new Nintendo accessory inspired by the original GameCube controller, the Wired Fight Pad, the company announced today.
The Nintendo-licensed device will work with both the Wii U and the Wii. It must be plugged in to the extension port on the bottom of a Wii Remote in order to function. Players will be able to use the Wired Fight Pad in Wii U and Wii games that support the Classic Controller and Classic Controller Pro, as well as in some Virtual Console titles. PDP has yet to release an image of the Wired Fight Pad.
According to PDP, the Wired Fight Pad will "feature fan-favorite Nintendo characters" including Mario, Yoshi and Princess Peach. PDP is making an entire line of Wired Fight Pads, each themed to a particular character. A representative for PDP told Polygon that the company will show off the controllers at E3.
The Wired Fight Pad will be available this holiday season for $24.99; PDP is aiming to launch it alongside Super Smash Bros. for Wii U.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Reconsidering Columbine
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (September 2014)
- Good graphics cards for £80-110?