Performance Designed Products (PDP) is launching a new Nintendo accessory inspired by the original GameCube controller, the Wired Fight Pad, the company announced today.
The Nintendo-licensed device will work with both the Wii U and the Wii. It must be plugged in to the extension port on the bottom of a Wii Remote in order to function. Players will be able to use the Wired Fight Pad in Wii U and Wii games that support the Classic Controller and Classic Controller Pro, as well as in some Virtual Console titles. PDP has yet to release an image of the Wired Fight Pad.
According to PDP, the Wired Fight Pad will "feature fan-favorite Nintendo characters" including Mario, Yoshi and Princess Peach. PDP is making an entire line of Wired Fight Pads, each themed to a particular character. A representative for PDP told Polygon that the company will show off the controllers at E3.
The Wired Fight Pad will be available this holiday season for $24.99; PDP is aiming to launch it alongside Super Smash Bros. for Wii U.
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- How well does PlayStation Now work on PS4?
- This fan-made Super Smash Bros. trailer is amazing ... and a little creepy
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Do you often read the reviews after finishing a game?
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- What's your favorite silly game?