Performance Designed Products (PDP) is launching a new Nintendo accessory inspired by the original GameCube controller, the Wired Fight Pad, the company announced today.
The Nintendo-licensed device will work with both the Wii U and the Wii. It must be plugged in to the extension port on the bottom of a Wii Remote in order to function. Players will be able to use the Wired Fight Pad in Wii U and Wii games that support the Classic Controller and Classic Controller Pro, as well as in some Virtual Console titles. PDP has yet to release an image of the Wired Fight Pad.
According to PDP, the Wired Fight Pad will "feature fan-favorite Nintendo characters" including Mario, Yoshi and Princess Peach. PDP is making an entire line of Wired Fight Pads, each themed to a particular character. A representative for PDP told Polygon that the company will show off the controllers at E3.
The Wired Fight Pad will be available this holiday season for $24.99; PDP is aiming to launch it alongside Super Smash Bros. for Wii U.
- How Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition tricked us into playing Diablo 3 again
- Robin Williams' Genie may be immortalized in World of Warcraft
- Development hell: The video game
- Sexual conquest and emotional connections in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- Buy side-scroller Azure Striker Gunvolt on 3DS, get 8-bit throwback Mighty Gunvolt free
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Share your treasured Pokémon stories with us
- Why isn't Polygon talking about the Quinn thing ?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Polygon Video Player - What's the deal?
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- Metro Redux: Will It Be A Must Purchase?
- Could Nintendo go third party?
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall