Performance Designed Products (PDP) is launching a new Nintendo accessory inspired by the original GameCube controller, the Wired Fight Pad, the company announced today.
The Nintendo-licensed device will work with both the Wii U and the Wii. It must be plugged in to the extension port on the bottom of a Wii Remote in order to function. Players will be able to use the Wired Fight Pad in Wii U and Wii games that support the Classic Controller and Classic Controller Pro, as well as in some Virtual Console titles. PDP has yet to release an image of the Wired Fight Pad.
According to PDP, the Wired Fight Pad will "feature fan-favorite Nintendo characters" including Mario, Yoshi and Princess Peach. PDP is making an entire line of Wired Fight Pads, each themed to a particular character. A representative for PDP told Polygon that the company will show off the controllers at E3.
The Wired Fight Pad will be available this holiday season for $24.99; PDP is aiming to launch it alongside Super Smash Bros. for Wii U.
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- GTA 4 now looks as good as GTA 5 — if you have a PC
- Notorious Airbnb squatter may be the dev behind two flailing Kickstarter games
- It takes 40 minutes to drive across country in The Crew, watch it happen right here
- The Nic Cage-led Superman movie was delightfully bizarre, and doomed
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri July 25
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- A New Steam Controller
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Deals With Gold Weekly(?) Update
- What's your favorite silly game?