Hyrule Warriors, the Dynasty Warriors-inspired action game set in the Legend of Zelda universe, will include series regular Impa as a playable character and a two-player mode, Siliconera reports via Famitsu.
Hyrule Warriors was announced last year as the joint product of Dynasty Warriors developer Omega Force and Ninja Gaiden creator Team Ninja. According to the publication, players will be able to use the TV screen and the Wii U GamePad when playing with a friend.
The game will also feature several characters to choose from besides Link and Impa. Impa, a longtime character in the series, typically serves Princess Zelda. Impa leads the Elite Guard in Hyrule Warriors and fights with a long sword.
When players select different weapons, they'll gain access to new fighting abilities. Hyrule Warriors will also include a weapon upgrade system and character progression, Famitsu reports.
Hyrule Warriors launches for Wii U in Japan Aug. 14. A Western release date has not been announced, though the game is expected to make an appearance at E3 2014.
- Link, F-Zero and Animal Crossing are coming to Mario Kart 8 as DLC
- The Walking Dead Season 2 Finale review: can't go home again
- If you thought Dark Souls was hard, try Titan Souls
- Lindsay Lohan lawsuit against GTA 5 publisher was 'for publicity,' says court documents
- The Pokemon fighting game won't play like Tekken (or feature Tekken characters)
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 27
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- On Patreon support
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)
- Got a great deal at GamesRepublic.com
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Polygon must change its ethics policy.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue Aug 26
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall