Hyrule Warriors, the Dynasty Warriors-inspired action game set in the Legend of Zelda universe, will include series regular Impa as a playable character and a two-player mode, Siliconera reports via Famitsu.
Hyrule Warriors was announced last year as the joint product of Dynasty Warriors developer Omega Force and Ninja Gaiden creator Team Ninja. According to the publication, players will be able to use the TV screen and the Wii U GamePad when playing with a friend.
The game will also feature several characters to choose from besides Link and Impa. Impa, a longtime character in the series, typically serves Princess Zelda. Impa leads the Elite Guard in Hyrule Warriors and fights with a long sword.
When players select different weapons, they'll gain access to new fighting abilities. Hyrule Warriors will also include a weapon upgrade system and character progression, Famitsu reports.
Hyrule Warriors launches for Wii U in Japan Aug. 14. A Western release date has not been announced, though the game is expected to make an appearance at E3 2014.
- Last of Us Remastered Photo Mode screens go from brutal to kawaii
- GOG.com accidentally gives away thousands of games
- Battlefield Hardline's singleplayer tells the story of a good cop framed
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- How cows predicted the seedy underbelly of social gaming
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- Women in Games: A Reaction
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri July 25
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Tell Us Your Story
- A New Steam Controller