Hyrule Warriors, the Dynasty Warriors-inspired action game set in the Legend of Zelda universe, will include series regular Impa as a playable character and a two-player mode, Siliconera reports via Famitsu.
Hyrule Warriors was announced last year as the joint product of Dynasty Warriors developer Omega Force and Ninja Gaiden creator Team Ninja. According to the publication, players will be able to use the TV screen and the Wii U GamePad when playing with a friend.
The game will also feature several characters to choose from besides Link and Impa. Impa, a longtime character in the series, typically serves Princess Zelda. Impa leads the Elite Guard in Hyrule Warriors and fights with a long sword.
When players select different weapons, they'll gain access to new fighting abilities. Hyrule Warriors will also include a weapon upgrade system and character progression, Famitsu reports.
Hyrule Warriors launches for Wii U in Japan Aug. 14. A Western release date has not been announced, though the game is expected to make an appearance at E3 2014.
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 1
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Looking for some good Players
- Frames Per Second FPS?? How to tell 60 vs 30?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Rock1m1's review on Wolfenstein: The New Order
- Let's See Your Photo Mode Snaps From The Last of Us!