Hyrule Warriors, the Dynasty Warriors-inspired action game set in the Legend of Zelda universe, will include series regular Impa as a playable character and a two-player mode, Siliconera reports via Famitsu.
Hyrule Warriors was announced last year as the joint product of Dynasty Warriors developer Omega Force and Ninja Gaiden creator Team Ninja. According to the publication, players will be able to use the TV screen and the Wii U GamePad when playing with a friend.
The game will also feature several characters to choose from besides Link and Impa. Impa, a longtime character in the series, typically serves Princess Zelda. Impa leads the Elite Guard in Hyrule Warriors and fights with a long sword.
When players select different weapons, they'll gain access to new fighting abilities. Hyrule Warriors will also include a weapon upgrade system and character progression, Famitsu reports.
Hyrule Warriors launches for Wii U in Japan Aug. 14. A Western release date has not been announced, though the game is expected to make an appearance at E3 2014.
- This is a video game (and it's the best thing ever)
- The Sims 4 gameplay video - 48 hours in the life of a Sim
- Here's your first look at Dead or Alive 5 Last Round on PS4 and Xbox One
- Nearly 1K developers sign letter to end intolerance in the games community (update)
- Keep your pants up with these GoldenEye proximity mines
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: What is this thing? Is this interesting? - Tue Sep 2
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Looking for good JRPGs on PS3, help needed
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Let's talk about the Guardians of the Galaxy film
- Forum moderation?
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart