Valve today announced that In-Home Streaming, a Steam feature that enables computer-to-computer streaming, is now available for all users.
When users login to Steam on two computers on the same network, they will automatically connect, allowing them to remotely install, launch and play games as though they were sitting at a remote PC.
In-Home Streaming sends video and audio through the user's home network from their high-end gaming PC to another device in their home. From there, mouse, keyboard and controller input is sent back to the remote computer.
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Really Horrible
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri July 25
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- What's your favorite silly game?
- PLAYSTATION WONT SIGN IN
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming