WWE 2K15, this year's installment of the annual World Wrestling Entertainment video game franchise, is set for release Oct. 28 in North America and Oct. 31 internationally, publisher 2K Sports confirmed to Polygon today.
Last week's earnings release from 2K's parent company, Take-Two Interactive, only said that WWE 2K15 would be released during the company's 2015 fiscal year, which doesn't end until March 31, 2015. Today's announcement puts to bed any speculation that the publisher was moving the WWE 2K launch out of its traditional late October time frame and closer to WrestleMania's spring schedule.
A representative for 2K Sports also confirmed the platforms for WWE 2K15: It is in development on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One as well as on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. As announced last week, the game is being made by Osaka, Japan-based Yuke's Future Media Creators, the longtime developer of the series, in conjunction with the WWE Games team at 2K subsidiary Visual Concepts.
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- The studio that made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater closed, here's its billion-dollar story
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet
- This is what the sheer intensity of an official Pokemon championship tournament looks like