In the first minute of this Overview of Wildstar’s open beta, I attempt to collect magic, speed-boosting butterflies with well-timed double-jumps.
Needless to say, Wildstar’s shaping up to be a bizarre game, one that attempts to redefine the core MMORPG genre rather than infuse it with other genre’s mechanics. It attempts to provide tailored content to each and every player based on their habits and interests, and attempts to significantly increase the pace of combat with position-based strategy. It attempts to do a lot; time will tell how much of that it can actually achieve.
In today’s Overview, Phil and I go on a super dangerous butterfly hunt during Wildstar’s beta test ahead of its proper launch next month. Watch as we dive into the game’s unique Path system, and claim a mountain in the name of our favorite character from Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Polygon Video Player - What's the deal?
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- What's a good game for a 65-year old first time gamer?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 16.2: Chris Houlihan was here. Shhhhhhhhhh, its a secret to everyone.
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Tue Aug 19
- Feature to track games?
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?