In the first minute of this Overview of Wildstar’s open beta, I attempt to collect magic, speed-boosting butterflies with well-timed double-jumps.
Needless to say, Wildstar’s shaping up to be a bizarre game, one that attempts to redefine the core MMORPG genre rather than infuse it with other genre’s mechanics. It attempts to provide tailored content to each and every player based on their habits and interests, and attempts to significantly increase the pace of combat with position-based strategy. It attempts to do a lot; time will tell how much of that it can actually achieve.
In today’s Overview, Phil and I go on a super dangerous butterfly hunt during Wildstar’s beta test ahead of its proper launch next month. Watch as we dive into the game’s unique Path system, and claim a mountain in the name of our favorite character from Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri July 25
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- What's your favorite silly game?
- DESTINY disappointment?
- PLAYSTATION WONT SIGN IN
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Women in Games: A Reaction