In the first minute of this Overview of Wildstar’s open beta, I attempt to collect magic, speed-boosting butterflies with well-timed double-jumps.
Needless to say, Wildstar’s shaping up to be a bizarre game, one that attempts to redefine the core MMORPG genre rather than infuse it with other genre’s mechanics. It attempts to provide tailored content to each and every player based on their habits and interests, and attempts to significantly increase the pace of combat with position-based strategy. It attempts to do a lot; time will tell how much of that it can actually achieve.
In today’s Overview, Phil and I go on a super dangerous butterfly hunt during Wildstar’s beta test ahead of its proper launch next month. Watch as we dive into the game’s unique Path system, and claim a mountain in the name of our favorite character from Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Reconsidering Columbine
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (September 2014)
- Good graphics cards for £80-110?
- Help Nipah build a PC