In the first minute of this Overview of Wildstar’s open beta, I attempt to collect magic, speed-boosting butterflies with well-timed double-jumps.
Needless to say, Wildstar’s shaping up to be a bizarre game, one that attempts to redefine the core MMORPG genre rather than infuse it with other genre’s mechanics. It attempts to provide tailored content to each and every player based on their habits and interests, and attempts to significantly increase the pace of combat with position-based strategy. It attempts to do a lot; time will tell how much of that it can actually achieve.
In today’s Overview, Phil and I go on a super dangerous butterfly hunt during Wildstar’s beta test ahead of its proper launch next month. Watch as we dive into the game’s unique Path system, and claim a mountain in the name of our favorite character from Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- PS+ & Stryder
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Tell Us Your Story
- RIP Friends List?
- What's the deal with DS2: Sunken Crown walkthrough?