Sometimes you just come across a genre of games that you just don't enjoy. You can't necessarily place your finger on why, but no matter what game you try it still doesn't click for you.
That's when you might ask a friend for some advice. Not just on what game to play, but how to get yourself in the right mindset for that genre of game. So with the plethora of first person shooters that exist now, how should someone who isn't a fan of the genre approach it?
If this is your first episode, Friends List is a daily web series where we have one-on-one talks about a single question related to video games. The goal is to give Polygon's many team members across the globe and those involved in covering, designing and releasing games, an opportunity to speak with you.
Today on Friends List, Reporters Megan Farokhmanesh and Dave Tach ask: How do I get into first-person shooters?
Enjoy Friends List anywhere, anytime:
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Do you often read the reviews after finishing a game?
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Tell Us Your Story
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30