Sometimes you just come across a genre of games that you just don't enjoy. You can't necessarily place your finger on why, but no matter what game you try it still doesn't click for you.
That's when you might ask a friend for some advice. Not just on what game to play, but how to get yourself in the right mindset for that genre of game. So with the plethora of first person shooters that exist now, how should someone who isn't a fan of the genre approach it?
If this is your first episode, Friends List is a daily web series where we have one-on-one talks about a single question related to video games. The goal is to give Polygon's many team members across the globe and those involved in covering, designing and releasing games, an opportunity to speak with you.
Today on Friends List, Reporters Megan Farokhmanesh and Dave Tach ask: How do I get into first-person shooters?
Enjoy Friends List anywhere, anytime:
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Why isn't Polygon talking about the Quinn thing ?
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- Metro Redux: Will It Be A Must Purchase?
- Could Nintendo go third party?
- Polygon Video Player - What's the deal?
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- What's a good game for a 65-year old first time gamer?