These factions will feature their own new battlefield units, naval units and culture units.
Pirates and Raiders is slated to launch in the next few weeks, in addition to new free DLC that will bring one about one new playable Balkan faction, the Getae, and a new historical battle: the Battle of Pydna.
Developer Creative Assembly confirmed last year it plans to offer players both paid and free downloadable content for the game. Speaking to Polygon last year lead designer James Russell told us paid content is split between three general types of packs, and "gamers can expect to see culture packs that add more playable factions and unique units, feature packs that add gameplay or wide-ranging aesthetic changes, and campaign packs that add entirely new story-based campaign expansions."
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Dragon Quest Heroes brings the series back to PlayStation in Dynasty Warriors style
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- Persona 5 coming to PS3 and PS4 in 2015
- Disgaea 5, Earth Defense Force, Ys, Gundam and Senran Kagura coming to PS4