Ike, a reoccurring character in Intelligent Systems' Fire Emblem role-playing game series, will join the cast of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS, according to an update on the series' official website.
Ike served as the protagonist in the 2005 GameCube installment Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and as one of two main characters in the 2007 Wii game Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. He also appeared as a downloadable character in the most recent game, Fire Emblem: Awakening, which was released in 2013 outside of Japan.
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS is scheduled for a summer 2014 release, while Super Smash Bros. for Wii U will be released this winter. Earlier this week, managing director of Nintendo France Seaphan Bole revealed that the Wii U version will use Skylanders-like near-filed communication (NFC) technology, which Nintendo will show off at E3 next month. You can check out the E3 2013 debut trailer for Super Smash Bros. below.
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Looking for good JRPGs on PS3, help needed
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart
- Thoughts on the inaccurate sensor bar
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Reconsidering Columbine