Ike, a reoccurring character in Intelligent Systems' Fire Emblem role-playing game series, will join the cast of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS, according to an update on the series' official website.
Ike served as the protagonist in the 2005 GameCube installment Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and as one of two main characters in the 2007 Wii game Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. He also appeared as a downloadable character in the most recent game, Fire Emblem: Awakening, which was released in 2013 outside of Japan.
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS is scheduled for a summer 2014 release, while Super Smash Bros. for Wii U will be released this winter. Earlier this week, managing director of Nintendo France Seaphan Bole revealed that the Wii U version will use Skylanders-like near-filed communication (NFC) technology, which Nintendo will show off at E3 next month. You can check out the E3 2013 debut trailer for Super Smash Bros. below.
- Why I'm in love with this sweet game about a little girl in Alaska
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- Deadpool's Hollywood screen test begins with Gwen Stefani, ends with a decapitated head
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- Homefront: The Revolution devs to move to Deep Silver as Crytek scales back two studios
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Tell Us Your Story
- What's your favorite silly game?
- RIP Friends List?
- What's the deal with DS2: Sunken Crown walkthrough?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!