Ike, a reoccurring character in Intelligent Systems' Fire Emblem role-playing game series, will join the cast of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS, according to an update on the series' official website.
Ike served as the protagonist in the 2005 GameCube installment Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and as one of two main characters in the 2007 Wii game Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. He also appeared as a downloadable character in the most recent game, Fire Emblem: Awakening, which was released in 2013 outside of Japan.
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS is scheduled for a summer 2014 release, while Super Smash Bros. for Wii U will be released this winter. Earlier this week, managing director of Nintendo France Seaphan Bole revealed that the Wii U version will use Skylanders-like near-filed communication (NFC) technology, which Nintendo will show off at E3 next month. You can check out the E3 2013 debut trailer for Super Smash Bros. below.
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- A guided tour of the 1 KB hard drive built inside Minecraft
- Do low game prices spell a 'mass extinction' for game developers?
- Fez developer Polytron hacked in ongoing game developer harassment effort
- Pokémon's Slowpoke has its own official reggae song
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9
- 'Goodbye Polygon,' said Frushtick
- I've experienced the Pokémon World Championships, and you should too
- Games with great Sound Design
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21