Inglenook games is currently raising funds via Kickstarter for Witchmarsh, a side-scrolling role-playing game set in 1920s Massachusetts.
Witchmarsh, inspired by titles such as Baldur's Gate and the Wizardry series, follows a team of detectives as they hunt for 12 missing townsfolk. In addition to online multiplayer, 2-4 player co-op and character creation, Witchmarsh also features ability and item combinations and optional bosses. Players can choose from 10 different detectives.
The developer is seeking £50,000, of which it's already raised more than £39,000. Those interested can donate in tiers ranging from £10 to £5,000 for rewards such as a PDF map of the game's world, a copy of the soundtrack, posters and more.
Starbound developer Chucklefish Games will publish the game, which is set for launch on Mac and Windows PC. For a look at Witchmarsh, check out the pitch video below.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- Why I'm in love with this sweet game about a little girl in Alaska
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer