Inglenook games is currently raising funds via Kickstarter for Witchmarsh, a side-scrolling role-playing game set in 1920s Massachusetts.
Witchmarsh, inspired by titles such as Baldur's Gate and the Wizardry series, follows a team of detectives as they hunt for 12 missing townsfolk. In addition to online multiplayer, 2-4 player co-op and character creation, Witchmarsh also features ability and item combinations and optional bosses. Players can choose from 10 different detectives.
The developer is seeking £50,000, of which it's already raised more than £39,000. Those interested can donate in tiers ranging from £10 to £5,000 for rewards such as a PDF map of the game's world, a copy of the soundtrack, posters and more.
Starbound developer Chucklefish Games will publish the game, which is set for launch on Mac and Windows PC. For a look at Witchmarsh, check out the pitch video below.
- Win a one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Notorious Airbnb squatter may be the dev behind two flailing Kickstarter games
- Report: Google to acquire Twitch for $1 billion
- Optimus Prime is no longer just a truck, he's a PlayStation
- Sunset Overdrive's character customization is serious business