A mobile version of Peggle was previously available for free in the App Store in both territories. According to Kotaku, however, that version has since been replaced with a free-to-play version in which players can purchase more balls or lives to progress. The old version is no longer available. According to EA, this edition isn't final.
"We're exploring different ways to extend the fun of Peggle on mobile, and we're currently testing a free-to-play version of the game in Singapore and New Zealand," an EA spokesperson told Kotaku. "It's important to note that we haven't finalized gameplay features or business model yet, and this free-to-play version of Peggle is part of a series of tests we'll be conducting in specific markets. We often test these experiences first to see if they resonate with our players."
Peggle is still available in other territories for $0.99 with an in-app purchase for add-on Peggle Nights.
- Accused Airbnb squatter: 'Would squat again'
- The 'Mad Max: Fury Road' trailer is the most impressive thing to come out of Comic-Con
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: All the news from pop culture's biggest event
- The man who made Atari's E.T. names his worst video game of all time
- Lucy Lawless: New Wonder Woman looks like 'Xena meets Spartacus'
More from Polygon
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Really Horrible
- Tell Us Your Story
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Women in Games: A Reaction
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today