Mario Kart 8 will make its way onto a real-life NASCAR track on May 24 in the Nationwide Series History 300 at the Charlotte Motor Speedway, publisher Nintendo announced today.
Matt Kenseth, who drives the No. 20 Toyota Camry for Joe Gibbs Racing, will take the GameStop-sponsored car out on the track with a Mario Kart 8 livery. The artwork features Mario racing upside-down in the game. You can watch Kenseth's car getting wrapped in the time-lapse video above, and see a photo of the final product below.
Nintendo is also bringing Mario Kart 8 to the NASCAR fans in attendance at the History 300 this weekend. They can play the game before its May 30 launch on Wii U, and take photos with Mario and Luigi, in the Charlotte Motor Speedway Fan Zone from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on May 24 and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on May 25.
For more on Mario Kart 8, check out our full review.
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Dragon Quest Heroes brings the series back to PlayStation in Dynasty Warriors style
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- Persona 5 coming to PS3 and PS4 in 2015
- Disgaea 5, Earth Defense Force, Ys, Gundam and Senran Kagura coming to PS4