A stream shown today on the official PlayStation Twitch channel revealed new gameplay for developer Ready at Dawn Studios' The Order: 1886.
Sony teased a "sneak peek" at the gameplay this morning on the PlayStation Blog. The brief gameplay snippet, which streamed at 4 p.m. ET today, begins at the start of the game's third chapter, "Inequalities." For next few minutes, it showed off The Order: 1886's cover-based, third-person shooting with weapons like the M86/FL, which fires "rounds of thermite-grit that burst into clouds of flammable dust" when players hit the R2 button. The gameplay was bookended by seamless transitions into cinematic cutscenes, all of which took place on Oct. 15, 1886.
Sony revealed The Order: 1886, a PlayStation 4 exclusive, at its E3 2013 press conference. Set in neo-Victorian London, players will battle deadly humans and supernatural creatures in the game. For more on The Order: 1886, be sure to read Polygon's impressions and interview with Ready at Dawn founder and CEO Ru Weerasuriya.
- Accused Airbnb squatter: 'Would squat again'
- The 'Mad Max: Fury Road' trailer is the most impressive thing to come out of Comic-Con
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: All the news from pop culture's biggest event
- The man who made Atari's E.T. names his worst video game of all time
- Lucy Lawless: New Wonder Woman looks like 'Xena meets Spartacus'
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Really Horrible
- Tell Us Your Story
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Women in Games: A Reaction
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today