Internet broadcaster and YouTube personality John "TotalBiscuit" Bain has been diagnosed with cancer, he revealed on Twitter today.
"[T]ook too long," Bain, who also goes by Cynical Brit and TotalHalibut, wrote. "It's full blown cancer. Starting chemo soon, then surgery. Doctors optimistic. Don't make my mistake. Get checked." Bain followed up with a tweet to say that it's "one of the more treatable forms and it's not too advanced yet." He also revealed in a subsequent tweet that it was "missed on the first scope" because it was obscured by a mass.
"Plus side," he wrote, "small enough to be missed."
I hope you realize just how insufferable I'm going to be when I beat this thing. Just giving you advanced warning.— TotalBiscuit (@Totalbiscuit) May 23, 2014
Bain revealed in an April 2014 YouTube video that doctors had discovered a "what is, right now, either a pre-cancerous or already cancerous mass" in his colon, which measured about 2 centimeters in diameter.
You can check out Bain's video content on Twitch and his YouTube channel, where he creates content six days a week, bills himself as "YouTube's #1 PC gaming critic" and has more than 1.6 million subscribers. You can also read Bain's reaction to the reported merger between Twitch and YouTube in a recent Polygon article and his thoughts on YouTube's copyright changes last year.
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- How well does PlayStation Now work on PS4?
- Ultima Forever comes to an end months after closure of EA Mythic
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 1
- Hi, nice to meet you.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Tell Us Your Story
- RIP Friends List?
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Wait. Could the iPad Mini be a better gaming handheld than the PSVita?