Nintendo's exclusion of same-sex marriage options in the 3DS lifestyle sim Tomodachi Life, and its resulting apology for how that was handled, made the company's top pitchmen ripe targets for Ellen DeGeneres' talk show this week.
In appearance that is definitely not canonical, Mario and Luigi declare they actually aren't brothers - and that for 30 years everyone has misunderstood their real relationship "because of our-a crazy accent," says Luigi.
Wonder what John Leguizamo might have to say about this.
Earlier this week, late night comedian John Oliver also took on the subject of marriage equality among Nintendo characters, imagining couples like Bowser and Donkey Kong, and Toad and Yoshi.
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Games with great Sound Design
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- Feature to track games?
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Why isn't Polygon talking about the Quinn thing ?
- Share your treasured Pokémon stories with us