A new challenger approaches Nintendo's Super Smash Bros. Invitational tournament at E3.
Announced last week, the event features 16 participants in a single-elimination tournament to be held at the Nokia Theater on June 10, a few blocks from the Los Angeles Convention Center during the E3 expo. Originally, all 16 slots were described as invitation only, but Nintendo is opening up one bid to an at-large qualifier.
Nintendo is asking for fans to record a 15-second video explaining why they deserve a shot; the best one will be chosen and flown to the tournament to compete as the People's Challenger. The videos will be judged for its entrant's enthusiasm, creativity, and the video's overall artistic quality.
Entries will be accepted until 1 p.m. ET on May 27 (Tuesday) and need to be submitted via Instagram, using the hashtags #SmashChallengerApproaching and #NintendoContestEntry. The full list of requirements, including how to submit an eligible video, may be seen here. Entrants must be from the United States or Canada and of age of majority (typically 18 or older) in their state or province.
- On Patreon support
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 27
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue Aug 26
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Pre-load coming to the XB1 according to the store page
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Polygon must change its ethics policy.
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)