A new challenger approaches Nintendo's Super Smash Bros. Invitational tournament at E3.
Announced last week, the event features 16 participants in a single-elimination tournament to be held at the Nokia Theater on June 10, a few blocks from the Los Angeles Convention Center during the E3 expo. Originally, all 16 slots were described as invitation only, but Nintendo is opening up one bid to an at-large qualifier.
Nintendo is asking for fans to record a 15-second video explaining why they deserve a shot; the best one will be chosen and flown to the tournament to compete as the People's Challenger. The videos will be judged for its entrant's enthusiasm, creativity, and the video's overall artistic quality.
Entries will be accepted until 1 p.m. ET on May 27 (Tuesday) and need to be submitted via Instagram, using the hashtags #SmashChallengerApproaching and #NintendoContestEntry. The full list of requirements, including how to submit an eligible video, may be seen here. Entrants must be from the United States or Canada and of age of majority (typically 18 or older) in their state or province.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 3, no. 3: Like Tokusatsu, But Not
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Happy Thanksgiving (Thursday, Nov. 27)
- Pokémon Discussions - Trumpets in the Distance
- Raven's Reviews: New Nintendo 3DS
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Let's Dance (Wednesday, Nov. 26)
- What is the greatest boss battle of all time?
- Clans of Polygon: What's going on in Destiny? (November)
- Far Cry 4 Awful performance on my PC
- Your Wishlist Top 3: Steam Sale Nov'14 Edition
- Would you play a 2.5D multiplayer shooter?