A new challenger approaches Nintendo's Super Smash Bros. Invitational tournament at E3.
Announced last week, the event features 16 participants in a single-elimination tournament to be held at the Nokia Theater on June 10, a few blocks from the Los Angeles Convention Center during the E3 expo. Originally, all 16 slots were described as invitation only, but Nintendo is opening up one bid to an at-large qualifier.
Nintendo is asking for fans to record a 15-second video explaining why they deserve a shot; the best one will be chosen and flown to the tournament to compete as the People's Challenger. The videos will be judged for its entrant's enthusiasm, creativity, and the video's overall artistic quality.
Entries will be accepted until 1 p.m. ET on May 27 (Tuesday) and need to be submitted via Instagram, using the hashtags #SmashChallengerApproaching and #NintendoContestEntry. The full list of requirements, including how to submit an eligible video, may be seen here. Entrants must be from the United States or Canada and of age of majority (typically 18 or older) in their state or province.
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- Deep Silver buys Homefront from Crytek, moves Homefront: The Revolution to new studio
- Deadpool's Hollywood screen test begins with Gwen Stefani, ends with a decapitated head
- Ex-Silicon Knights dev sentenced in child pornography case, charged with sexual assault
- NIS America to make its GaymerX payment 'in full,' conference founder apologizes
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- PS+ & Stryder
- Tell Us Your Story
- What's your favorite silly game?
- RIP Friends List?
- What's the deal with DS2: Sunken Crown walkthrough?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites