The Kickstarter campaign for Red Goddess, Yanim Studio's "psychological adventure game," surpassed its $30,000 goal.
Recently accepted into Steam Greenlight, the Mac and Windows PC Metroidvania game features non-linear gameplay with three playable characters sporting unique skills and abilities. Each character's personality has a fear and rage side. When players choose one, the other "appears as a ball" that assists them to fight enemies or access new areas.
The setting is a planet governed by the subconscious of the main character, a goddess named Divine. Red Goddess allows players to enter enemies' minds to access secret areas and puzzles, and discover loot.
While Yanin held an unsuccessful $50,000 Kickstarter campaign for Red Goddess in April, the recent crowdfunding project raised more than $32,000 of its $30,000 goal from 800 backers with 11 days remaining. Check out the character gameplay footage below and a previously released trailer to see the title in action.
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- Your first look at Agent Locke in Ridley Scott's Halo: Nightfall
- Dota 2 team Newbee just won The International 4 — along with the largest eSports prize pool in history
- Wii U owners can now transfer their data to another Wii U
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet