The Kickstarter campaign for Red Goddess, Yanim Studio's "psychological adventure game," surpassed its $30,000 goal.
Recently accepted into Steam Greenlight, the Mac and Windows PC Metroidvania game features non-linear gameplay with three playable characters sporting unique skills and abilities. Each character's personality has a fear and rage side. When players choose one, the other "appears as a ball" that assists them to fight enemies or access new areas.
The setting is a planet governed by the subconscious of the main character, a goddess named Divine. Red Goddess allows players to enter enemies' minds to access secret areas and puzzles, and discover loot.
While Yanin held an unsuccessful $50,000 Kickstarter campaign for Red Goddess in April, the recent crowdfunding project raised more than $32,000 of its $30,000 goal from 800 backers with 11 days remaining. Check out the character gameplay footage below and a previously released trailer to see the title in action.
- Accused Airbnb squatter: 'Would squat again'
- The 'Mad Max: Fury Road' trailer is the most impressive thing to come out of Comic-Con
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: All the news from pop culture's biggest event
- Shadowrun Returns gets a Director's Cut of its expansion this September
- Lucy Lawless: New Wonder Woman looks like 'Xena meets Spartacus'