The Order: 1886's most defining feature is part of the game's title — its setting — and in this new video, the Ready at Dawn developers explain how they tailored that year to the story they wanted to tell.
The 1886 in which The Order takes place isn't entirely reflective of real history. It's grounded in Victorian London, but Ready at Dawn is building in fantastical elements based on Arthurian mythology, as well as technology a few decades ahead of the late 19th century. However, the developers said they didn't want to go fully into alternate history.
The Order: 1886 was originally scheduled to be released in fall 2014; it will now be available in early 2015, publisher Sony Computer Entertainment announced today. For more, check out our new preview.
More from Polygon
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Why you don't like this headline: Here's how a change in style guide might just be the most clicked click thing you've clicked today
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today