Players who pre-order Tango Gameworks' The Evil Within will gain access to a handful of items that could help them survive the game's horrors a little longer, publisher Bethesda Softworks announced this morning.
In The Evil Within, players step into the shoes of Sebastian Castellanos, a detective thrown up against a supernatural force leaving a tidal wave of gore and blood in its wake. Pre-order bonuses feature additional items to keep Sebastian alive as he contends with these forces, tortured zombie-like creatures and a particularly persistent apparition named Revik.
Pre-ordering the game will net players The Fighting Chance Pack, which includes an additional medical kit for Sebastian as well as Green Gel, which the detective can use to upgrade his abilities. The pack also features a double barrel shotgun with three shells and two special bolts: the Incendiary Agony Bolt, which douses nearby enemies with fire sparks, and a Poison Agony Bolt, which draws enemies towards it and poisons them.
The Evil Within, initially slated to launch this August, has been delayed to Oct. 21 to allow developers more time to polish the title. The game will launch for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Windows PC, Xbox 360 and Xbox One. For more details on gameplay, check out our recent hands-on preview — in which we warn that nothing is off the table in terms of gore and scares — as well as our feature on the game's director, Resident Evil creator Shinji Mikami.
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- Russian and German armor clash in Combat Mission: Red Thunder
- A guided tour of the 1 KB hard drive built inside Minecraft
- 'The Players' Score: A Videogame Music Documentary' is headed to Kickstarter with composers you'll recognize
- Fez developer Polytron hacked in ongoing game developer harassment effort