Super Smash Bros. for Wii U will be playable at more than 100 Best Buy locations around the U.S. during the week of E3 in mid-June, Nintendo announced today.
The "Super Smash Bros. Smash-Fest," as it is called, will take place June 11 from 4-9 p.m. and June 14 from noon to 5 p.m. Attendees will be able to play Super Smash Bros. for Wii U's four-player E3 demo. And the first 70 of them who pre-order the game or its Nintendo 3DS counterpart will receive a special collectible: a Super Smash Bros. gold coin. Pre-order customers will also receive a $5 Best Buy Reward Zone certificate upon picking up the game at launch.
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U is playing another major role in Nintendo's E3 plans, which the company announced last month. Nintendo will hold a tournament called the Super Smash Bros. Invitational at the Nokia Theatre L.A. Live during E3. The competition will pit 16 top-tier Super Smash Bros. players against each other.
Best Buy locations across 37 U.S. states are hosting Smash-Fest events; you can check Best Buy's website to see if one of them is near you. Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS is set for release this summer, while Super Smash Bros. for Wii U will be available this winter.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 27
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Pre-load coming to the XB1 according to the store page
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- On Patreon support
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Polygon must change its ethics policy.
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue Aug 26
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9