Super Smash Bros. for Wii U will be playable at more than 100 Best Buy locations around the U.S. during the week of E3 in mid-June, Nintendo announced today.
The "Super Smash Bros. Smash-Fest," as it is called, will take place June 11 from 4-9 p.m. and June 14 from noon to 5 p.m. Attendees will be able to play Super Smash Bros. for Wii U's four-player E3 demo. And the first 70 of them who pre-order the game or its Nintendo 3DS counterpart will receive a special collectible: a Super Smash Bros. gold coin. Pre-order customers will also receive a $5 Best Buy Reward Zone certificate upon picking up the game at launch.
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U is playing another major role in Nintendo's E3 plans, which the company announced last month. Nintendo will hold a tournament called the Super Smash Bros. Invitational at the Nokia Theatre L.A. Live during E3. The competition will pit 16 top-tier Super Smash Bros. players against each other.
Best Buy locations across 37 U.S. states are hosting Smash-Fest events; you can check Best Buy's website to see if one of them is near you. Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS is set for release this summer, while Super Smash Bros. for Wii U will be available this winter.
- Police investigating Comic-Con cosplay assault, photographer arrested
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- PlayStation Now rentals cost $2.99 for four hours play, but everything could be changing
- Twitter can fix its harassment problem, but why mess with success?
- A video history of Crytek in two minutes
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Tell Us Your Story
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- RIP Friends List?
- Frames Per Second FPS?? How to tell 60 vs 30?
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming