A gameplay-filled trailer for Battlefield Hardline, an upcoming game in Electronic Arts' first-person shooter franchise, appears to have leaked through YouTube user TonyGun38's channel.
EA officially unveiled Battlefield Hardline's existence yesterday. Earlier that day, word of the class-based shooter leaked out through the series' official website, where it was listed for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One and Windows PC.
Press play above to see the driving, shooting and zip lines in the apparent Battlefield Hardline trailer. According to the trailer, the first-person shooter is being created as a collaboration between Battlefield series developer EA DICE, which will handle the multiplayer, and Dead Space developer Visceral Games, which is creating the campaign. It will offer squad-based multiplayer that puts players in heists and races while pitting cops against criminals.
"No matter your play style or preferred side of the law, there is a multiplayer mode for you," the narrator says.
Battlefield Hardline's Omaha campaign stars cops and criminals, and is influenced by television dramas. Each episode is designed to be played multiple times in destructible environments.
"All of this destruction and mayhem, along with having multiple Levolution events, effecting maps and gameplay makes Omaha the most visually diverse Battlefield yet," the narrator says.
We've reached out to EA for details and will update this article with more information as we receive it.
Electronic Arts will reveal more about Battlefield Hardline at E3, where it plans to unveil six new games. E3 2014 will take place June 10-12, and Polygon will be there to bring you all the news.
Update: Steve Papoutsis, vice president and general manager of Visceral, took to Twitter this afternoon to confirm the authenticity of the leaked video, which he said shows gameplay that's about six months old and comes from an "internal meeting."
"Excited to see so much buzz for the old footage," he wrote. "Love it. Can’t wait to show you how much further the team has taken things."
Papoutsis said that developers will show more June 9 at E3 2014 and "maybe even a little more before then if you want it."
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- Russian and German armor clash in Combat Mission: Red Thunder
- A guided tour of the 1 KB hard drive built inside Minecraft
- 'The Players' Score: A Videogame Music Documentary' is headed to Kickstarter with composers you'll recognize
- Fez developer Polytron hacked in ongoing game developer harassment effort
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- I've experienced the Pokémon World Championships, and you should too
- 'Goodbye Polygon,' said Frushtick
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Games with great Sound Design
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)