According to the listing, the Dragon Quest 8 app costs $24.99 New Zealand dollars (USD $21.22) and is compatible with iOS 6.0 and up. The game is also compatible with iPhone 4 and up, iPad and iPod Touch. The game does not feature microtransactions, as the listing notes "every last shred of content is yours to enjoy" once the app is downloaded.
For the iOS version, controls have been modified to suit the touchscreen. Players can tap once to initiate battles and reposition the directional pad freely for one-handed or two-handed play.
In the past, games that have launched on the New Zealand app stores typically launch worldwide shortly after.
Dragon Quest 8 initially launched for PlayStation 2 in Japan in 2004 and in North America the following year. The RPG hit Android and iOS in Japan last December.
- Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell sends the Saints to Hell in 2015
- Nintendo reveals the New Nintendo 3DS
- Help us choose the best reader-designed Sunset Overdrive character
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- Hironobu Sakaguchi wanted Chrono Trigger to evolve in a series 'like a Final Fantasy'
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 29
- Help Nipah build a PC
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Nintendo Customer Service
- Kingdom of Amalur - 10$ was the best deal ever
- I'm going to make an AMV...and I need your help.
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse