According to the listing, the Dragon Quest 8 app costs $24.99 New Zealand dollars (USD $21.22) and is compatible with iOS 6.0 and up. The game is also compatible with iPhone 4 and up, iPad and iPod Touch. The game does not feature microtransactions, as the listing notes "every last shred of content is yours to enjoy" once the app is downloaded.
For the iOS version, controls have been modified to suit the touchscreen. Players can tap once to initiate battles and reposition the directional pad freely for one-handed or two-handed play.
In the past, games that have launched on the New Zealand app stores typically launch worldwide shortly after.
Dragon Quest 8 initially launched for PlayStation 2 in Japan in 2004 and in North America the following year. The RPG hit Android and iOS in Japan last December.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- What's the deal with DS2: Sunken Crown walkthrough?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- Tell Us Your Story
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Nicalis hints at Gex Remake