According to the listing, the Dragon Quest 8 app costs $24.99 New Zealand dollars (USD $21.22) and is compatible with iOS 6.0 and up. The game is also compatible with iPhone 4 and up, iPad and iPod Touch. The game does not feature microtransactions, as the listing notes "every last shred of content is yours to enjoy" once the app is downloaded.
For the iOS version, controls have been modified to suit the touchscreen. Players can tap once to initiate battles and reposition the directional pad freely for one-handed or two-handed play.
In the past, games that have launched on the New Zealand app stores typically launch worldwide shortly after.
Dragon Quest 8 initially launched for PlayStation 2 in Japan in 2004 and in North America the following year. The RPG hit Android and iOS in Japan last December.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Reconsidering Columbine
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (September 2014)
- Good graphics cards for £80-110?
- Help Nipah build a PC