According to the listing, the Dragon Quest 8 app costs $24.99 New Zealand dollars (USD $21.22) and is compatible with iOS 6.0 and up. The game is also compatible with iPhone 4 and up, iPad and iPod Touch. The game does not feature microtransactions, as the listing notes "every last shred of content is yours to enjoy" once the app is downloaded.
For the iOS version, controls have been modified to suit the touchscreen. Players can tap once to initiate battles and reposition the directional pad freely for one-handed or two-handed play.
In the past, games that have launched on the New Zealand app stores typically launch worldwide shortly after.
Dragon Quest 8 initially launched for PlayStation 2 in Japan in 2004 and in North America the following year. The RPG hit Android and iOS in Japan last December.
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- The studio that made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater closed, here's its billion-dollar story
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet
- $169 worth of awesome games (and Daikatana)
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 22
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Thoughts on Destiny
- Yakuza 5 (Ryū ga Gotoku 5) Fan Translation Gone?
- Standby Or Off On PS4
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 22