Battlefield 3's Standard Edition is available for free on Origin until June 3, a 100 percent discount off its regular $19.99 price, according to the game's listing in Electronic Arts' digital storefront.
Released in October 2011, EA DICE's first-person shooter is also available on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Battlefield 3's Premium Edition, which adds five expansion packs, in-game items and more to the Windows PC game, is available for $39.99.
The next entry in the franchise, Battlefield 4, was released last year for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One and Windows PC. You can check out our time with the game below and read our updated Battlefield 4 review for more on the sequel.
- Win a one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Notorious Airbnb squatter may be the dev behind two flailing Kickstarter games
- Report: Google to acquire Twitch for $1 billion
- Here is why you probably won't get into the LittleBigPlanet 3 private beta this August
- Sunset Overdrive's character customization is serious business
More from Polygon
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Deals With Gold Weekly(?) Update
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Why you don't like this headline: Here's how a change in style guide might just be the most clicked click thing you've clicked today
- PS4 Beta Codes