Battlefield 3's Standard Edition is available for free on Origin until June 3, a 100 percent discount off its regular $19.99 price, according to the game's listing in Electronic Arts' digital storefront.
Released in October 2011, EA DICE's first-person shooter is also available on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Battlefield 3's Premium Edition, which adds five expansion packs, in-game items and more to the Windows PC game, is available for $39.99.
The next entry in the franchise, Battlefield 4, was released last year for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One and Windows PC. You can check out our time with the game below and read our updated Battlefield 4 review for more on the sequel.
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- A guided tour of the 1 KB hard drive built inside Minecraft
- California city repeals longstanding ban on ... playing pinball?
- Fez developer Polytron hacked in ongoing game developer harassment effort
- Ouya strikes a deal to bring games to China
- Weekend at Pokégon's: Open Thread - Aug 23-24
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- Female representation in gaming
- 'Goodbye Polygon,' said Frushtick
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy