The second season of Guild Wars 2's Living World content begins July 1, developer ArenaNet announced today.
Living World is the tag used for major content upgrades to the game. Season 2 takes place after the defeat of Scarlet Briar and the destruction of Lion's Arch, one of the game's major cities. A new foe in the form of an Elder Dragon has awoken in the west, while players must also deal with the fallout of Lion's Arch.
Season 2 begins after the end of the Festival of the Four Winds, a Chinese-themed celebration of the game's recent launch in China. More information will be available as it nears its launch.
For more on Guild Wars 2, check out our review. You can also read our interview with design director Chris Whiteside to learn more about the game's evolving content through its Living World storylines.
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- The studio that made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater closed, here's its billion-dollar story
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet
- Kickstarter suspends Ex-STALKER devs' Areal campaign, West Games turns to direct funding