Capybara Games co-founder and president Nathan Vella will deliver the final keynote speech for the 2014 Develop in Brighton Conference taking place this summer, organizer Tandem Events announced today.
Develop in Brighton is an annual gathering of game developers in the UK for talks and more. Vella will deliver a speech called "Growing Together: Being an Independent Studio in 2014," which will include lessons from his time as an independent developer.
"With the potential for independent devs to move from just a few people to a full studio working on multiple projects having grown greatly in recent times, Nathan will look back at the trials and tribulations of his own studio and share why he feels so strongly about growing a team and the big opportunities a team enables," organizers said.
The conference will also include talks by the following developers:
- "Failing and Learning to Be an Indie" - Mike Bithell
- "Indie to Major and Back Again: Lessons Learned Along the Way" - Aj Grand-Scrutton, Dlala Studios
- "Tango Fiesta: From Indie Dream to Published on Steam" - Andrew Smith, Spilt Milk Studios
- "How Publishers Help Indie Devs Tackle the Freemium Conundrum" - Ed Rumley, Chillingo
- "Indies Publishing Other Indies: A Postmortem on the Business of Redshirt" - Mitu Khandaker-Kokoris, The Tiniest Shark and Cliff Harris, Positech Games
The Develop in Brighton Conference takes place July 8-10. Indie Dev Day, a track aimed specifically at indie developers, takes place on July 10.
- Accused Airbnb squatter: 'Would squat again'
- The 'Mad Max: Fury Road' trailer is the most impressive thing to come out of Comic-Con
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: All the news from pop culture's biggest event
- The best new video game toys from Comic-Con
- Lucy Lawless: New Wonder Woman looks like 'Xena meets Spartacus'