Remedy Entertainment's Quantum Break is coming to Xbox One in 2015, creative director Sam Lake announced in a video that shows new gameplay footage from the time-twisting third-person shooter.
Lake also announced that Remedy and publisher Microsoft will present the "time-amplified action gameplay" of Quantum Break for the first time at Gamescom in Cologne, Germany, this August. Gamescom will take place Aug. 14-17.
Quantum Break, Lake said, is one part "cinematic action game" and one part "top of the line live-action show." The game's narrative will be split between the two entertainment mediums and is meant to be experienced as a unified creative work. The game will alternate between extended sequences of gameplay and half-hour episodes of television.
"The game is about heroes. The show is about villains," Lake said in today's video. "In the game, you play Jack Joyce in a desperate fight to stop the fracture that threatens to cause the end of time. In the show, in the style of an edgy modern TV series, you follow the schemes and power play inside Monarch, the corporation that's Jack's main enemy."
Quantum Break was announced last year, just prior to E3 2013. For more on the game, check out Polygon's feature on Quantum Break, our interview with Sam Lake during the Xbox One's launch and three gameplay screenshots below.
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri July 25
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Deals With Gold Weekly(?) Update
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Why you don't like this headline: Here's how a change in style guide might just be the most clicked click thing you've clicked today