Multiplayer shooter Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare will launch for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 on Aug. 19, developer PopCap announced today.
Pre-orders for Garden Warfare are open today and come with two game-boosting digital card packs as well as PlayStation character-themed customization items for their plants and zombies. These include Hat Packs featuring content stylized after the Ratchet and Clank, Sly Cooper and Fat Princess games. Garden Warfare is also compatible with PlayStation Vita Remote Play.
In Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, players can choose to side with the titular plants or zombies in multiplayer team-on-team combat. The game includes three competitive modes, a four-player co-op mode and split-screen gameplay. The PS4 version will also include Boss Mode, a feature previously exclusive to the Xbox One version of the game.
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare for PS3 and PS4 will be shown in the Sony booth at E3 2014 next month. Garden Warfare is also currently available on Windows PC, Xbox 360 and Xbox One — check out Polygon's review for more details.
- How cows predicted the seedy underbelly of social gaming
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Eve's new executive producer has a plan to attract new players with the help of old ones
- GTA 4 now looks as good as GTA 5 — if you have a PC
- The Swapper coming to Wii U later this year
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri July 25
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Women in Games: A Reaction
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Why you don't like this headline: Here's how a change in style guide might just be the most clicked click thing you've clicked today
- A New Steam Controller