As part of a collaboration with car manufacturer Mercedes-Benz, Mario Kart 8 will be getting in-game DLC adding the company's new 2015 GLA class vehicle to the racing roster, Famitsu reports.
This summer, Mario and company will be able to choose the new compact SUV class when selecting a racing vehicle. This silver-toned car will be free to download when it launches and is currently slated to be available in Japan only.
Check out the trailer above to briefly see the car in action, as well as watch a rather hunky real-life version of Mario drive the car through a real-world desert.
Mario Kart 8 launches tomorrow, May 30. Check out our review for more details on handling, tracks and online multiplayer.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Looking for good JRPGs on PS3, help needed
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart
- Thoughts on the inaccurate sensor bar
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Reconsidering Columbine