As part of a collaboration with car manufacturer Mercedes-Benz, Mario Kart 8 will be getting in-game DLC adding the company's new 2015 GLA class vehicle to the racing roster, Famitsu reports.
This summer, Mario and company will be able to choose the new compact SUV class when selecting a racing vehicle. This silver-toned car will be free to download when it launches and is currently slated to be available in Japan only.
Check out the trailer above to briefly see the car in action, as well as watch a rather hunky real-life version of Mario drive the car through a real-world desert.
Mario Kart 8 launches tomorrow, May 30. Check out our review for more details on handling, tracks and online multiplayer.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 1
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Share Button Use? Can you post to another service other than FaceBook?
- Frames Per Second FPS?? How to tell 60 vs 30?
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- Hi, nice to meet you.
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Looking for some good Players
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31