Dragon Quest 8: Journey of the Cursed King, the beloved Japanese role-playing game from Level-5, is now available on Android and iOS in North America for $19.99, publisher Square Enix announced today.
The game first appeared on the App Store in New Zealand yesterday, as new releases typically do.
Dragon Quest 8 was originally released on the PlayStation 2 in Japan in November 2004. According to Square Enix, this mobile port has been redesigned with controls adapted to touchscreen devices. Players can customize the interface, including the virtual D-pad, to allow for one-handed or two-handed play. The port also offers one-touch combat in turn-based battles, although players can choose a more complex control scheme. Another option is available to enable automatic running through the game world.
"We've put in extra effort for the controls to be intuitive and easy to play. Its 10th anniversary is the ideal milestone to re-release the game for fans and new players alike," said Noriyoshi Fujimoto, producer of the port, in a press release today.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Dancing Plante - Thu Aug 28
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Games with great Sound Design
- Where to buy?
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- On Being A "Gamer"
- On Patreon support
- Spacecom is 4X strategy, and you can grab beta keys here