A new video from Epic Games' upcoming first-person shooter, Unreal Tournament, offers a look at the game's first-ever Deathmatch.
Senior designer Nick Donaldson explains that the game currently has a working weapon system, kill scoring and "a very basic movement prototype." You can see the early game in the video above, which includes a few move hacks players shouldn't be able to access.
Epic announced Unreal Tournament as a free, fully moddable multiplayer shooter earlier this month. It will use Unreal Engine 4, which senior programmer and project lead Steve Polge told Polygon was a factor in the game's timing.
"Given the recent launch of UE4, we think this is the right time to move forward," he said.
The game is being developed collaboratively with fans for Linux, Mac and Windows PC.
The Unreal Tournament series made its debut in 1999. Several other games, including Unreal Tournament 2004 and Unreal Tournament 3 have since been released.
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Games with great Sound Design
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- Feature to track games?
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Why isn't Polygon talking about the Quinn thing ?
- Share your treasured Pokémon stories with us