A new video from Epic Games' upcoming first-person shooter, Unreal Tournament, offers a look at the game's first-ever Deathmatch.
Senior designer Nick Donaldson explains that the game currently has a working weapon system, kill scoring and "a very basic movement prototype." You can see the early game in the video above, which includes a few move hacks players shouldn't be able to access.
Epic announced Unreal Tournament as a free, fully moddable multiplayer shooter earlier this month. It will use Unreal Engine 4, which senior programmer and project lead Steve Polge told Polygon was a factor in the game's timing.
"Given the recent launch of UE4, we think this is the right time to move forward," he said.
The game is being developed collaboratively with fans for Linux, Mac and Windows PC.
The Unreal Tournament series made its debut in 1999. Several other games, including Unreal Tournament 2004 and Unreal Tournament 3 have since been released.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Nicalis hints at Gex Remake
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Tell Us Your Story
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???