Terry Cavanagh's Super Hexagon and VVVVVV are heading to the Ouya Android-based mini-console, the developer announced in a post on his blog.
Twitch action game Super Hexagon — which initially launched for iOS in fall 2012 — is slated to hit Ouya next Tuesday. The game is based off Cavanagh's Hexagon, one of the developer's earlier concepts creating during a game jam earlier that year.
Cavanagh also noted that he recently submitted 2D puzzle platformer VVVVVV to the iTunes App Store and is currently working on the Android version as well. The iOS version will feature a swipe-and-hold control scheme and Cavanagh noted in a post in April that this scheme is "super responsive."
VVVVVV will launch on Ouya the same time as the Android and iOS ports. A PlayStation Vita port is also in the works with Cave Story developer Nicalis.
- Robin Williams' Genie may be immortalized in World of Warcraft
- Development hell: The video game
- Sexual conquest and emotional connections in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- With Han Solo, Leia and Chewie, Star Wars Commander is bringing back the force
- Wii U game pre-orders see the largest increase during Gamescom, says Amazon UK