Terry Cavanagh's Super Hexagon and VVVVVV are heading to the Ouya Android-based mini-console, the developer announced in a post on his blog.
Twitch action game Super Hexagon — which initially launched for iOS in fall 2012 — is slated to hit Ouya next Tuesday. The game is based off Cavanagh's Hexagon, one of the developer's earlier concepts creating during a game jam earlier that year.
Cavanagh also noted that he recently submitted 2D puzzle platformer VVVVVV to the iTunes App Store and is currently working on the Android version as well. The iOS version will feature a swipe-and-hold control scheme and Cavanagh noted in a post in April that this scheme is "super responsive."
VVVVVV will launch on Ouya the same time as the Android and iOS ports. A PlayStation Vita port is also in the works with Cave Story developer Nicalis.
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- GTA 4 now looks as good as GTA 5 — if you have a PC
- Notorious Airbnb squatter may be the dev behind two flailing Kickstarter games
- It takes 40 minutes to drive across country in The Crew, watch it happen right here
- Eve's new executive producer has a plan to attract new players with the help of old ones