The retail version of island management simulator Tropico 5 on Windows PC has been delayed to June 17 in North America, developer Kalypso Media announced today.
The game launched digitally on May 23, but the retail version missed its launch date due to a delay in the packaging manufacturing, according to Kalypso.
"Fans and consumers who pre-ordered Tropico 5 for retail will be glad to know that the teams are working hard to solve the manufacturing issue and that they will receive the complete Tropico 5 retail package on this date," reads a statement from Kalypso.
Players can still purchase Tropico 5 as a downloadable title through Steam, Green Man Gaming and the Kalypso website. Versions for Mac and Xbox 360 will be released later this summer, with a PlayStation 4 version following in the fall.
- An awful week to care about video games
- How Salt and Sanctuary reimagines Dark Souls as a 2D action-platformer
- Valve taken to court by Australian consumer commission over Steam refund policy
- The pitch versus the reality: what one of gaming's biggest Kickstarters looks like now
- Dust: An Elysian Tail coming to PS4 'very soon'