The online response to Project Legion, CCP’s update to the Dust 514 formula coming to the PC, has been largely negative. Representatives from CCP have openly admitted that the PlayStation 3 free-to-play shooter could have been better, and the PC release is a way to improve on the game’s ideas.
This led existing players to assume Dust 514 was headed to the chopping block.
Jean-Charles Gaudechon, the executive producer of Dust and one of the minds behind Project Legion, addressed these concerns during the final keynote of CCP’s Fanfest in Iceland.
"Is Dust 514 stopping? The answer is no, we’re still working on a lot of stuff; planetary conquest, balancing, there is a lot of work happening. Obviously the firepower may not be the same, but we’re still working on making the experience as good as possible," he stated.
He also addressed the idea of migration, and assured players that the progress made in Dust 514 will move over to the PC title. "You will be able to keep your identity, your player name, what you have, what’s applicable to the new experience obviously," he stated as the audience cheers. So if you spent a lot of time, or money, on Dust 514, your efforts weren't in vain.
In This StoryStream
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: What is this thing? Is this interesting? - Tue Sep 2
- Let's talk about the Guardians of the Galaxy film
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Looking for good JRPGs on PS3, help needed
- Forum moderation?
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart