The newest update for Minecraft on PlayStation 3 is now available, bringing with it a handful of new texture packs and tweaking several bugs related to invisibility problems, according to a post on the game's forums.
In addition to several tweaks to voice chat, players will also no longer accidentally go invisible after respawning or when two players go through a nether gate simultaneously. Invisibility triggering after teleporting has also been fixed. Players can also now attach signs to chests by placing blocks above it, as well as breed Ocelots with each other and with Cats.
Mobs of creatures will no longer accidentally die in walls and the maps will load properly — previously, large chunks would be missing when maps were called up. A glitch with the Potion of Night Vision that would corrupt the game's user interface has been rectified and damage decals will now display correctly both in Survival mode and and in splitscreen.
Minecraft launched for PS3 earlier this month. PlayStation 4, Playstation Vita and Xbox One versions are on the way this August.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- Bit Bash might be the next great indie game festival
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer