The latest update for racing game Gran Turismo 6 is now available, bringing with it the previously-announced tribute to three-time F1 champion Ayrton Senna as well as a few gameplay adjustments, developer Polyphony Digital announced today.
The tribute content for Senna — who passed away in an accident during the 1994 San Marino Grand Prix — is accessible in the "Special Events" section under the option "Ayrton Senna Tribute." Content includes a short film and two-part slideshow developed in collaboration with Senna's family and Brazil's Ayrton Senna Institute.
Additionally, clearing the Senna tribute under certain conditions will add three free new racing suits to players' wardrobe — the "Ayrton Senna 1980", "Ayrton Senna 1983" and "Ayrton Senna 1985" suits — as well as three new cars, the DAP Racing Kart #17 '80, West Surrey Racing (1983 Ayrton Senna) and Lotus 97T ‘85. These items can also be purchased in-game.
The Mitsubishi Concept Xr-Phev Evolution car has also been released. Players can purchase the car or unlock it for free by completing a lap in the new Seasonal Event while it is live. The game's open lobby has also been adjusted to allow players to toggle the Ghost line on and off for Qualifier races.
Gran Turismo 6 launched last December for PlayStation 3. Check out our review for more details.
- Game of Thrones' Maisie Williams in talks for The Last of Us movie
- Proof '90s kids playing video games are cooler than kids today
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Eve's new executive producer has a plan to attract new players with the help of old ones
- Street Fighter: World Warrior live action series in development