As previously promised, Xbox One owners with a subscription get free access to Max: The Curse of Brotherhood and Halo: Spartan Assault. The Curse of Brotherhood is usually priced at $14.99 and follows eponymous character Max as he sets out to save his little brother. Top-down shooter Halo: Spartan Assault, typically $9.99, takes place between Halo 3 and Halo 4. The game was released last year. Specific dates for either game have not yet been announced.
From June 1 -15, Xbox 360 owners will get access to From Software's punishing action role-playing game, Dark Souls. Side-scrolling beat-'em-up Charlier Murder and fighting game Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition will be available June 16-30.
Microsoft's Games with Gold program is a monthly promotion that gifts two free games to Xbox Live Gold subscribers. Xbox 360 players were granted an extra game this month — Super Street Fighter 4 — in celebration of the program's one-year anniversary.
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- Killer Instinct's first season is coming to retail with a TJ Combo combo
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Gearbox fights back in Aliens suit, says it paid millions of its own cash to finish game
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Tell Us Your Story
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming