In The Stomping Land, players assume the role of a hunter living amongst the now extinct creatures. Players gain experience, or Expertise, by staying alive. Expertise is then used to take the island's inhabitants.
"You are a hunter and a scavenger," the game's description reads. "You survive in a world with dinosaurs, and if any one of them catch you, they will end you in an instant. In fact, you can't kill most dinosaurs with ease, and the ones that you can don't provide plentiful amounts of food. It's the large ones that matter. The ones with bone crushing jaws and skull smashing tails that roam the island and fight each other, who provide the food you want.
"It's up to you to find methods of surviving for as long as possible, so you can tame these creatures to protect you from the relentless threatening engagements."
The alpha is currently available for $24.99 on Windows PC. According to SuperCrit, more features to "enable player creativity" are planned, along with more dinosaurs.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- Nintendo lost $97M last quarter even with the success of Mario Kart 8
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- What's the deal with DS2: Sunken Crown walkthrough?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- What's your favorite silly game?
- RIP Friends List?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28