In The Stomping Land, players assume the role of a hunter living amongst the now extinct creatures. Players gain experience, or Expertise, by staying alive. Expertise is then used to take the island's inhabitants.
"You are a hunter and a scavenger," the game's description reads. "You survive in a world with dinosaurs, and if any one of them catch you, they will end you in an instant. In fact, you can't kill most dinosaurs with ease, and the ones that you can don't provide plentiful amounts of food. It's the large ones that matter. The ones with bone crushing jaws and skull smashing tails that roam the island and fight each other, who provide the food you want.
"It's up to you to find methods of surviving for as long as possible, so you can tame these creatures to protect you from the relentless threatening engagements."
The alpha is currently available for $24.99 on Windows PC. According to SuperCrit, more features to "enable player creativity" are planned, along with more dinosaurs.
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Polygon Video Player - What's the deal?
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- What's a good game for a 65-year old first time gamer?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 16.2: Chris Houlihan was here. Shhhhhhhhhh, its a secret to everyone.
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Tue Aug 19
- Feature to track games?
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?