The Forest is one of the more punishing survival games we've played recently — partially because of its cannabilistic inhabitants, but also because, due to its Early Access nature, it's still a bit rough around the edges. If you're curious about the game, which shot to the top of the Steam charts following its release earlier today, you can check out our first attempt at The Forest in the video above. Spoiler alert: It does not end well. Or begin well, for that matter. In the whole video, nothing especially "well" happens to us.
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Share Button Use? Can you post to another service other than FaceBook?
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 1
- Frames Per Second FPS?? How to tell 60 vs 30?
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- Hi, nice to meet you.
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming